GHRI mission, vision, and values
Based in Seattle, Group Health Research Institute is the non-proprietary, public-domain research arm of Group Health Cooperative, a nonprofit health system serving more than 600,000 members in Washington and northern Idaho.
For Group Health members, providers, health care purchasers, policymakers, and the public, we seek to answer questions such as:
- Which preventive measures, screening tools, and interventions work best?
- How do various treatments stack up in terms of their effectiveness and cost?
- Can health care delivery be redesigned to boost efficiency—while improving health outcomes?
- And how can we ensure that health care is provided in ways that are humane, patient-centered, and relevant to people’s everyday needs?
Mission: Our mission is to improve health and health care for everyone through leading-edge research, innovation, and dissemination.
Vision: We envision a future where, through public-domain research and evaluation, we influence health care and policy to benefit all, and we advance Group Health's capabilities as a learning health care system. We are committed to developing the health science leaders of today and tomorrow, and to becoming the preferred health research partners for local, national, and international collaborations.
- Scientific excellence and integrity
- Engagement and leadership
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Centered on the patient, the family, and the community