With its state-of-the-art clinic, Group Health Research Institute (GHRI) conducts many large clinical trials, several in collaboration with other research institutions nationwide.
The Institute's clinic is located near downtown Seattle at the Metropolitan Park East Building. With nearly 5,500 square feet of space, it features:
- A large, comfortable waiting room, staffed by a receptionist
- Seven clinical exam rooms
- Seven interview rooms
- A multi-purpose exam room
- A bone densitometer in its own room
- A research product preparation room with ventilated hood
- A laboratory with two blood-draw stations
- Three centrifuges (two refrigerated; one room-temperature)
- Four -70 degree freezers with CO2 back-up systems, continuous monitoring, and notification of temperature excursions
- A -20 degree freezer
- Secure, continually monitored study-product refrigerators
- An ECG machine
- Three storage rooms
The clinic's facilities and capacity allow GHRI to perform trials of varying size and complexity—including complicated studies requiring safety oversight and special procedures. The lab can collect, process, store, and prepare blood and urine samples for shipment. Certain CLIA-waived lab tests, such as urine pregnancy tests, are completed on site.