2014 Latino Health Conference
Latino Health Research, Practice, and Policy: Identifying our Strengths and Growing our Collaborations
April 17-18, 2014 │ Seattle, WA
As Latino communities in the WWAMI region (Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana and Idaho) continue to grow, so does the need for high-quality, community-engaged health research. Please join us for a unique opportunity to connect with community leaders, researchers, health care providers, and policymakers who want to promote healthier Latino communities in our region by generating and implementing scientific discoveries. We will exchange ideas, create professional networking opportunities, and develop new research collaborations focused on chronic disease, behavioral health, and health policy issues.
Questions? Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When & Where
April 17, 2014, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. │ Dinner Reception 6 – 8 p.m.
April 18, 2014, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
University of Washington (UW) Medicine, South Lake Union Campus
850 Republican Street
Seattle, WA 98109
The registration fee includes continental breakfast and lunch on both days of the conference and dinner Thursday evening at the reception. Please click here to register.
All cancellation requests need to be made in writing and sent to email@example.com. Cancellations received on or before 2/28/2014 will be subject to a full refund. Cancellations made after 2/28/2014 will not be refunded.
- A special price of $129 per night before taxes (double beds) is available when you use the group code, Latino Health Conference.
- You must book by March 31, 2014, to receive this discounted rate. Space is limited. Please reserve your room as soon as possible.
- It’s easy to make your reservation online. (The group code will be filled in automatically.)
- Or you can call 1-800-321-2211. (Be sure to mention the group code to get the discounted rate.)
Transportation & Parking
Get directions to the conference site and parking details. The parking garage opens at 6:30 am and closes promptly at 5:30 pm daily. You will not be able to access your car after this time. Attendees are responsible for parking expenses. The daily parking fee is $12. See details below about free parking at the dinner reception.
From Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (Sea-Tac):
- Estimated taxi fare is $45 (one way) from airport to hotel.
- Shuttle Express: The estimated fee is $18 (one way) and a reservation is required.
Driving from the South to hotel: Take I-5 North towards Seattle. At exit 167, take ramp toward Mercer Street/Seattle Center (this is a left lane exit). Keep straight onto Mercer Street. Turn right onto Westlake Avenue North. Go 0.2 miles and arrive at the Marriott on your left.
Driving from the North to hotel: Take I-5 South toward Seattle. Take exit 167 to merge onto Mercer Street towards Seattle Center. Turn right onto Westlake Avenue North. Go 0.2 miles and arrive at the Marriott on your left.
Driving from the East to hotel: Take I-90 West. Merge onto I-5 North toward Seattle. At exit 167, take ramp towards Mercer Street/Seattle Center (this is a left lane exit). Keep straight onto Mercer Street. Turn right onto Westlake Avenue North. Go 0.2 miles and arrive at the Marriott on your left.
6–8 p.m. on April 17, 2014
UW Tower South Cafeteria
4333 Brooklyn Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98195
All conference attendees are invited to attend a special dinner reception to help launch the University of Washington’s new Latino Center for Health. This is a great opportunity to network with dozens of leaders in the WWAMI region who are committed to improving Latino health. Due to limited space, this is an invitation‑only event. Attire is business casual. Buffet dinner will be prepared by Los Agaves Catering.
Getting to and from the reception:
- The reception location is about 4 miles from the conference site and hotel. A shuttle will be provided at no cost to conference attendees and will pick-up passengers at both the conference site and the Marriott hotel. Please click here to view the shuttle schedule. The shuttle service is available to those who RSVP’d.
Travel Subsidy Application
We are not accepting applications anymore. The deadline for submitting was March 7 at 12pm PST.
A limited number of travel subsidies are available. These subsidies will cover travel expenses and conference registration in compliance with Group Health Cooperative’s regulations. View and complete the application (MS Word). We are offering full and partial subsidies depending on your needs. We encourage you to apply!
The application due date is March 7, 2014 at 12pm PST. Please submit all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our conference hotel is located in Seattle’s South Lake Union area. Check out the websites below to find attractions and activities to enjoy while visiting.
- Visit Seattle: Eat/Drink, Arts/Entertainment, Lifestyle
- South Lake Union Neighborhood Map: Shopping, Eat/Drink, Lifestyle, Arts/Entertainment, Transportation
Child Care Resources
- Child Care Resources of King County offers referral services in 6 languages including Spanish. By phone: 1-877-543-0059